Tesla vs. Jaguar: The First Real Electric Car Track Shootout



I'm a longtime Jaguar follower. I've had a ton of them over the years, and I've become both good and poor practices with the cars. Currently, I own couple -- a 1970 XKE and a 2014 F-Type -- and people are about to get a sibling.

I've bought a new Jaguar I-Pace, which is the first true challenger to Tesla, which shocked the automotive business much like Apple shocked the mobile phone business.

Tesla was first to produce a decent electric car for the century. Not only that -- its Model S set experiences in terms of security and reliability. Maximum of the difficulties the firm has had have done due to a lack of competency in building and a questionable insane CEO. But, the design of the vehicles, including the elimination of the Tesla X, usually has been better than the first rate.

I lately read about Motor Trend's head to head difficulty within the Tesla Model 3, the I-Pace, and the Alpha Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio (don't get me fired on naming). Also though the I-Pace was intended to run on the course, it tracked both the other cars and the Alpha won -- but not by much, and the Alpha is a decent track car.

I'll share some comments about cars and close with my product of the week: the BlackBerry Key2, which I've been doing for several months now and still love.

I-Pace vs. Tesla vs. Gas

As seen, the I-Pace is the first actual challenger to Tesla's dominance. You'd think I'd be frustrated that it didn't do great on the track, given it was created for the track. But, the I-Pace is a crossover, not each sedan, and when was the latest event you saw an SUV run upon a hot sedan and win on the track? An SUV is intended to go on and off road. It sits above, and thus it won't corner as well. Plus, it has far more windscreen.

Until lately, Tesla cars, when followed, would go into limp-home form after a lap or two. You couldn't follow them at all until Tesla did a software tweak and added Track Mode in the Idol 3, and now it's a nice road car. On my last track day (I track a Mercedes GLA45 AMG) there was a Model 3 on the track, and it did impressively strong. It was surprisingly aggressive.


Tesla Model 3



Soon the issue with following any electric is wherever the hell do you charge the thing up? You use a weight of fuel when you follow a car. I went through on a vessel and a half of gas in my fast hatch in the one day on the road, and fortunately, there was a station to fill up at the track.

There was a horse as well, but it looked to be a low-powered horse (not high-powered or Tesla supercharger), which indicates a full load is measured in days not hours. That makes following any electric very risky. 

You could end up becoming stranded at the track if you don't provide enough reserve energy to get to a high-powered horse (there aren't many out there) or a supercharger (there do more, but they're still not precisely as common as a gas service).


Tesla vs. Jaguar: The First Real Electric Car Track Shootout Tesla vs. Jaguar: The First Real Electric Car Track Shootout Reviewed by millionaire on January 18, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.